Tuesday 13 November 2012

Two ideas but only one proposal, how do I choose?

I feel sick. No, that's not a theatrical exaggeration for the purpose of sounding more dramatic, I actually feel a bit queasy. My head is a complete whirl of thoughts and directions at the minute and it's making me feel dizzy.

So as I mentioned in my last post, now is the time I need to really get my game face on about applying for a doctorate. I thought I was really starting to get somewhere last week - I had begun drafting out some notes for the proposal, I had gathered together a heap of articles to sift through for a literature review, I had selected a couple of potential supervisors to approach and I had asked a lecturer friend of mine for some help in forming my bitty shards of ideas into something more cohesive. I really thought I was starting to get somewhere.

But now disaster has struck. Not quite disaster, but it's behaviour so utterly typical of me that I'm surprised I actually function day-to-day. A second proposal topic has come into my head and is now lodged so firmly I can't shake it, it's there, dizzying my thoughts into a whirling mass of incomprehensible gloop.

Both topics are of interest to me yet both are completely different. How do I choose between the two?

I feel sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment