Sunday 25 July 2010

Mens sana in corpore sano

Or in other words, a healthy mind in a healthy body.
It has come (or rather, been brought) to my attention lately that I've been concentrating more on my studies and related activities and letting anything remotely active fall by the wayside.  At one point I was fairly healthy and active, I was almost 2 stone lighter than I am now and was mountain biking at least twice a week, however I haven't been mountain biking this YEAR enough times to run out of digits while counting... (which has probably contributed to the excess lbs).  Studies have shown that aerobic exercise can improve brain function which can aid concentration, retention and cognitive function in general.
So!
Enough excuses, if a healthy body = a healthy mind then I really need to shape up.  I'm sure I can organise my studies a bit better so that I can fit some biking fun in.  If that fails I could always use the cross-trainer-come-clothes-horse which is hiding away in the spare room; 20 minutes a couple of times a week won't break the study bank surely, and I could always use that time for listening to the cd's which come with my course material.

It's imperitive that I score very well in my final undergraduate unit as this will determine my final BSc grading so by the time it starts I gotta be ship-shape.  That gives me until October to get myself in the best shape I can ready for DD305.

Wish me luck.

1 comment: